Friday, November 25, 2016

Steamy Love Canvas for Creative Embellishments





Hi all.  Hope you had a splendid Thanksgiving holiday.   I decided to get a little painty today and try a faux batik technique.   I prepped a canvas with gesso.  Once dry,  then embossed with white embossing powder through a stencil.  I took metallic paint in patina, a blue green, and a pinch of copper penny and dabbed it over the canvas.  Using a piece of scrap card, I scraped the paint across the canvas.  Once almost dry I used a paper towel to buff and remove the excess paint from the embossing powder.



For the steampunk heart 2  I prepped it with a layer of rusty hinge distress stain.   This chippy is so detailed and I didn't want to cover up the fine details.  I just highlighted some of the details with metallic paint and some brown ink.   I added a gear and some propellers.  Something about steampunk just makes me smile. 


I layered the heart over these fab wings that I sprayed with a gloriously glittery metallic spray.  I finished off the mini canvas with some ink around the sides, a ceramic love word from Prima, and some enamel brads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment