Sunday, January 27, 2013

A project from Stash - Having fun Steampunk style

Sometimes I get lost in overcommitting myself to the point where crafting feels like a second job.  I hate when it gets that way, because I truly love it and it is such an escape from a busy life.  One of my goals this year was to start having fun with it again, play more, and use more stash.  I always say the last one, but end up with more at the end of the year than I started with.

Today I went to craft with a friend.  I needed to bring some things with me that wouldn't take a lot of time and would be easy to to pack.  I brought a cartridge to do a cut rak which I completed.  I have to say if you have a Cricut, the Artiste cartridge is a must have.  That baby has a bit of everything on it. 

I brought my spool to work on.  I finished the majority of it, but I needed to remake the phinneal at home and do the final assembly and embellishing.  It is about 75% done, so I made good progress.  Pictures to come on this.  I want to wait until it is done and my partner has it before posting.

Then the fun came.  I wanted to bring another project, but wanted something that I could get done in a reasonable amount of time.  I had a plaque in my stash for a while, it was sitting there in the alterables closet just waiting for me to do something with it. I grabbed my all time favorite stack G45 Steampunk Debutante.  It was a hard call because Old Curriousity Shoppe is a really close second.  That would look just as well.  Too bad I don't have a second one of those or I must just might have had to make one.  I really enjoyed this project.





No comments:

Post a Comment