Saturday, February 28, 2015

March Challenge Time for Creative Embellishments

It is challenge time again for Creative Embellishments.  You should come over and join us:

Challenge Photo: (The twist this month is to use a flourish).

'Twist -Add a flourish to your project.'

My Project:

I was inspired by the butterflies, flowers, and colors in this month's challenge photo.  I used Pink Paislee's Butterfly Garden Paper for this tag.  I embossed with white snow embossing paper using the distressed script stamp along the top of the pink paper.  I created a pocket over the top using chipboard and more pattern paper from the collection.  I fussy cut a couple of butterflies, added flowers, pearls, and trim.  On the bottom I added leaves from the autumn leaves set that I embossed in moss.  I snipped off the end of a flourish dragonfly so it would look more like a butterfly and embossed in worn lipstick distress powder.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

ATC Book for Unruly Paper Arts

I am up for Unruly PaperArts today using the theme books.  We had the opportunity to use wonderful stamps from Rubber Dance Art Stamps ( for our projects  Come check out the blog for the full article and project. 

Here is a sneak peak:

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Let Your Imagination Run Wild Canvas Book for Creative Embellishments

Hi, everyone.  I am up on the Creative Embellishments blog today with a canvas book.  To say I used a ton of Creative Embellishment chippies on this project would be a huge understatement.  I let my imagination run wild with them.  For the front and back cover, I used 10Second Studio's Verday paints in iron and bronze with tons of patina.  I crinkled a plastic back over it while drying so that I would get the exta texture.  The image is from G45 Steampunk Debutante.  On her head I layered tons of smallmedium, and large gears, propellers, and loose parts.  I used Rusty Hinge and Ripe Persimmon distress stains, Prima Dark Rust Chalk Edger and Patina Gilder's paste to colorize everything. I topped off with some metal bits.  For the title, I used TH letters.  I used a branch with Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo Distress, and Forest Moss stains, the chalk edger. To add visual texture to the leaves, I used the distress crackle stamp with green archival ink.  I inked the gears on the branch with Peacock Feathers distress stain. I outlined all the images with Faber Castell brush pen in black for definition.  I also went around the edges and smudged to create a border.

For the inside, I used heavy Gesso and cheese cloth to create a rough texture. I used the iron Verday paint with patina and went over the high points with Patina Gilder's Paste. I cut out pieces from Marion Smith's Nirvana collection to fill in the inside as well as fussy cut some images to embellish.  I used pieces of the  fish net lattice panel on both sides to ground the images.  I added the clock and photo corner that I embossed with Lindy's stamp gang blue embossing powder.  I used the Verday paints on weather vane.

Supplies Used:

Gear Set 2 Medium

Gear Set 2 Medium
Gear  1 1/2" (Set of 12)

Loose parts


Branches (set of 3)

Distressed Crackle Stamp

Fishnet Panel
Large Clock Face 4"

Photo/Page corner set 6

Airship Weathervane

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Guest Design Team Post for Scrap Around the World

The team over Creative Embellishments was invited to guest design over at Scrap Around the World

The mood board for this month:

Here is my take:

I was inspired by the colors and the feeling of a long weathering love.  The picture of my Mother and Grandmother was taken on her last visit before she passed.

I used Rusty Hinge, Ripe Persimmon, Forest Moss, and Mowed Lawn Distress Paints on the clock face, love from the happy word set, and flourish.  Then I covered the with a layer of Utee. 

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Altered Box for Creative Embellishments

I am up today on with an altered box.  I was creating the box for a swap partner so I went with a muted palette.  I love the Tim Holtz Wallflower collection.  I aged the paper further by adding vintage photo distress ink in random areas.  The wonderful creative embellishment chippies complemented the theme so well.

The distress chicken wire border is so fabulous.  I trimmed it down and coated with two layers of rusty hinge distress stain.  I trimmed the out side with hanging gem trim.

These bird cages are very dreamy.  I used rusty hinge distress stain with some black bling.

Here is a sneak peak of the inside with the extras for my partner:

Supplies Used:
Bird Cage    4 piece set

Distressed Chicken Wire Border