Saturday, May 31, 2014

A little out of my comfort zone

Here is a project I did for a swap on the Crafter's Lounge.  I needed to make a set of photo mats and an atc.  My partner wanted a pink and black color combination to use in her daughter's photo album.  Because her album is a not traditional size (6 x 12)  I cut a sheet of 12 x 12 paper in half to use as reference (did not glue anything down as I am just sending the pieces).  I made some extras to go with the mats so she could have a complete layout.  I made butterflies, a journaling block, an extra block, and a title too.

For extra detail, I double matted and added a white smaller matt as a guide for the pictures.  I embossed the scalloped mats and inked the edges. I added ribbon and bling to the mats as well.  On the banner I added the faux stitching and bling.  The little butterflies were inked and blinged as well. 

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Let the B's Begin

Ok, so now I am onto B's as I am crafting my way through the alphabet.  I will be making some side tours as I am starting to dabble in swaps again.  I have a project to show you tomorrow on one of them.  Today, I would like to share with you the tag I made for the Steampunk tag swap on the FB group CreateExchange.  I decided to go a little different and create a shadow box tag.  (In my book this counts as a "B" project because I created a box out of it.  I have to say this was one of my most favorite projects I have ever made.

Most everything on this tag is paper.  There are some chipboard elements, a little bling, trim, metals, etc.  I created the design for the box tag using the tag cut that came with the silhouette.  I tweaked the
design a bit to customize it to my needs.  That is what I love about my silhouette.  It seems like the possibilities are endless.  I was able to do the same process with the gear cut files I used.

Part of me is a bit sad to give this away.  It is one of my favorite projects.  I have decided to make another one for myself, but not identical.  Also, I am going to do one with a more whimsical them out of a G45 large tag album.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Palate Cleanser

After finishing my last large project, I needed a little breather.  A palate cleanser of sorts.  I decided I wanted to do something light and fun.  I found inspiration for an art journal page on the Simon Says Stamps you tube channel.  I didn't have the exact supplies, but used what I had and had fun with it.  I broke out the gelatos, Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays, soft gel medium, TH rub-ons, and some paint for the splatters. You can also see some subtle stamping in there as well.  I had to break out my clock with wings stamp that I received as a Rak from a friend.  After I took pics, I cut it in half and mounted in my art journal. 

I have finished another project that I put a lot of time into.  I will be sharing that shortly.  I am thinking it is time for me to move onto the B's.  I can always come back and do more A projects once I have made my way through the alphabet.  The project I am going to show you next though is a tag I made for a swap.  It is not your normal tag - so stay tuned :)  

Sunday, May 4, 2014

An Altered ATC drawer and A share

Hi everyone.  Oh my goodness.  I received the most amazing book to catalog all my inks, paints, etc. from my friend Maria.  We had done a private swap and she went way over and beyond.  The book is huge.  She posted a series on all the sections, you should really check it out here.  She is truly talented.

Okay onto my little project.  I call this one a stewer.  When a project is a little out of my comfort zone then I stew over every little detail.  I usually gravitate towards darker colors and grunge.  I decided to challenge myself on this one.  I have had this little atc drawer from 7 Gypsies for a long time.  I don't make a ton of atcs, so I wasn't in any hurry to make something with it.  As I am crafting my way through the alphabet, I want to try different techniques so I can use them on future projects.  I wanted a way to have them stored in one place, be easy to find, etc.  I decided trying the techniques on atc's was a good way to try something without using a ton of supplies.  So here is my project.