Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Wall Hangings for Creative Embellishment


Hi all.  I am up on the Creative Embellishment's blog with some wall hangings that I made for my craftroom.  Every time I pass by my light switch cover in the craft room, it brings a smile to my face.  I used it as inspiration for this project.  The base of this project are probably my some of my most favorite chippie pieces ever.

I cut a piece of chipboard to fit inside the steampunk gear frame and then layered on small, medium, and large chippie gears.  The die is so intricate that it wasn't necessary, but I love the definition. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to dig out my loose parts and propellers.  I painted the whole thing in black paint and then sprayed with different colors of Lindy's Stamp Gang.
I layered on some Marion Smith papers and then stamped with the distressed brick stamp and the distressed script stamp to add to the back ground.  I added embossing powder around the edges.  I painted the inspire word set with black paint and added some patina gilder's paste.  Then I had to include these awesome new dressform chippies.  If you look closely you can see how detailed they are with scrolls.  LOVE.  I sprayed them with the same sprays I used on the frame. 

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Beach Keepsake Box with Creative Embellishments

Kelley here with a beach keepsake box for creative embellishments.   I love the vintage look of the Graphic 45 collection.  I did have to give it a distressed look though. 
I used a wooden cigar box and painted it with blue chalk paint.  Then I dry brushed over it with some gesso to give it a beachy feel.  I used some netting to add to the top of the box over the layers.
I used tea dye and vintage photo distress stains on the chipboard nautical anchor.  I think it really adds to the beachy feel of the box.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Grungy Canvas for Creative Embellishments

Hi all.  I am up on the Creative Embellishments blog today with a grungy canvas.  I used a paper transfer technique for the base of my canvas.  My favorite part was that the corset was a part of the transfer.  With a little stitching, inking, shading and some trim it pops off the page.  Lots of stamping and inking in the background.  I made a mold of the faucet handle and the rusted the resin so the piece is super light. 

I used the large gears as a back drop behind my image.  I just love them. I rusted the gears and then added patina paint to the top.  I used Modern Masters Iron Paint and Rusting Solution for all the rust.  It works great on chipboard. 
For the embellishment cluster atthebottom, Included flowers, molded pieces, fussy cut images, and an awesome chipboard feather.  Oh my these feathers are so detailed, I just love.  I used varying colors of paint and then heat embossed until it bubbled.  I love the texture it gives. 

Supplies Used:
 large gears

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Blog candy winner.......

Congrats Beverly Gray.  Thank you all who played along. This was fun.

July Challenge Over at Creative Embellishments

It is that time of month again for another monthly challenge over at  Come join for your chance at a $50 gift voucher for the store.  They have some amazing products.   I do want to give a quick announcement....Creative Embellishments is having a DT call, so go check them out on the blog or their Facebook page.

CHALLENGE PHOTO: Be inspired by at least one element in the photo and use at least one wooden element.

Here is my take:

I was inspired by the red flowers so I decided to make red and flowers a large part of my tag.  I fussy cut a ton of flowers from G45 French Country and layered.  I just love the hot air balloon chippies and tried my hand at paper piecing over the top to give a different look.  I finished it off by heavily inking between the etched lines and sealing over the top with glossy accents.  For the wooden element, I used part of a leaf at the top of the tag inked green to give a pop of a color to tie with the leaves from the flowers.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Grungy Butterfly Plaque for Creative Embellishments

Kelley here for Creative Embellishments with a grungy butterfly plaque.  This was a blast to make.  For the base of the plaque, I grunged it up using a wax resist technique on the plaque itself. I covered with TH patterned paper. I spread over it bronze distress paint mixed with molding paste to thicken.  Stamped all over, dry brushed gesso, and smeared on patina paint.

My favorite part of the plaque was making the butterfly.  I started with a steampunk butterfly and combined Modern Masters Rust and Bronze paints to get varying colors.  I layered with gears metals and gems.  I added touches of white and patina paint.   These chippies are amazing, they can handle lots of paints and mediums and still hold up.  I layered gears ender the metal flowers.

Supplies Used:

Steampunk Butterfly

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Angel Kiss Pocket

Hi everyone.  I am up today on the Creative Embellishments blog today with an Angel Kiss pocket.  An angel kiss is a little random act of kindness that you surprise someone with to make their day a little brighter.  I decided to make a little have inch pocket to stuff some fun little goodies in.

I used Bo Bunny, Prima, Recollections, and Marion Smith papers.  I love how they all worked together. I used the page corner set 2 on the front of the box.  I found a cute little prima stamp set I wanted to include in the box. So I thought it would be fun to put a clock face on the back to match the sentiment of the stamp set. I used Antique Linen embossing powder with vintage photo distress stain highlights on the clock face.

Supplies Used
clock face
corner page set 2