Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Alice in Wonderland ATC's for Creative Embellishments

Hello all.   I had some fun with some Alice in Wonderland ATC's with a steampunk twist.   I used the G45 paper collection along with the some Marion Smith papers for the base of my scenes.  I have 9 pieces in total to fill a pocket letter.  So matted each with black card stock that I edeged with a bronze Wink of Stella pen and a Tim Holtz stencil.





With the images, I added some quotes from the book itself and some stickers from the paper collection. To add depth,  I added chipboard embellishments to each scene.  I didn't have size I wanted in some of the pieces so I did a little improvising and some chippie surgery.  This is a good way to use left over pieces from a pack of embellishments after finishing a project.  On the Rabbit, I used a clock hand from the clock hand snowflake.  I will be able to use the rest of the chippie in another project so this worked perfectly as it was exactly the size I needed for the Rabbit to be standing on.   For the Queen of Hearts, I had to do a little more surgery with the Steampunk Heart with Wings.  I was careful to keep the wings intact as I removed them so that I could save them.  The hear then was inked and trimmed to size.   For the Cheshire Cat, the branches were a little to big but I created the perfect size from a left over Seaweed 2 chippie that I had cut down from a previous project.


No comments:

Post a Comment