Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year

Happy New Year.   There is something about a new year that brings hope for change.   We make these resolutions each and every year, but I don't know if you are like me - I don't keep them for long.   This year will be different.   I have made some changes before the new year that I think will help me keep on track.  Not that it won't be a challenge, but I think it will definitely be doable with realistic (and some lofty goals).

First and Foremost - Balance.  That is my word of the year.  I have a hard time creating an even balance of things. Last year I worked way too many hours and way too many weekends.  Seven days a week wasn't uncommon.  I have been able to make changes so that I can work a normal schedule and have time for other things in my life.

I have a tendency to overcommit time, so I am going to really look at time like I would a budget and make time for the important things such as family, work, health and doing things that make me happy.  As for the other stuff, as long as it doesn't take away from the others I will fit it in.

I want to find the joy in my hobby of crafting again.  I want to set aside time at least a little each day to play.  To have fun and explore the different crafty goodness of the things that I have collected. 

I want to focus on health.  Life is passing by too quickly and I need to get things in order.  Nothing will be a quick fix, but I need to make changes before change is to difficult to make.  Time to get on that road towards a healthy life.  I am putting this here - very scary but here it goes....329.9 lbs (yes, that tenth makes a huge difference to me...:)   every bit counts ....

Another goal is get out of my comfort zone.  I like to hang with my kid and work.  I have lost my adventurer's spirit along the way. Time to get out of the house and do things.

It all equates to work less, play more, love more, enjoy life more.  

My goal is to post at least every Sunday an update and pics of projects I have worked on through the week, any techniques I have tried, etc.   I hope to have some tutorials and other fun things through the year.  

Happy New Year to all and I hope all your wishes for the new year come true.

2 comments: