Thursday, February 28, 2013

Altered Mouse Traps

What won't a crafter alter?  On the CMB, I hosted another round of the Short and Sweet swap.  This month it was to alter a mouse trap.  My goodness, all the creations that were created were absolutely amazing.

My partner loves Paris and wanted a a holder for "honey do" lists on the fridge.  I made the attached holder using G45 Curtain Call paper.  I used a Tim Holtz die for the base using black med-wt chipboard. Layered with G45 polka dot paper in the black and tan.  I used Spanish Copper Rub-N-Buff and created streaks.  I added layers with a strip of the stamps from the paper collection, a doily cut from coordinating paper from the collection as well, and black tulle.  I spritzed the whole thing down with Lindy's Stamp Gang MoonShadow mist.  I then altered the trap by painting it black and spritzing it with the MoonShadow mist as well.  I added distressed papers from that collection, along with altered flowers, and a resin flourish.  Before adhering the trap, I punched a whole using the Crop-O-Dile and added an eylet so that the garment pin could go through the whole.  I adhered the trap to the base, put on the charm, and added 5 magnets to the back.


Hope she loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment