Friday, March 29, 2013

Altered Silverware Swap

I hosted an altered silverware swap over on the CMB.  Again I am blown away by everyone's creations.  Here is the one I made:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I started off with a wooden plaque I had in my stash.  I had given it a coat of course texture medium mixed with paint to thin so it had texture but not so intense.  Then I had painted it black.  It was too dark for theme I was going for and my partner likes lighter colors.  So I rethought my plan.  I used white paint spritzed with Lindy's stamp gan mist to give it the light blue texutre. I used a KaiserKraft paper line for the back ground.  I used adhered  a few die cuts from the paperline with pop dots to give dimension: Bottle and two butterflies.    I used ribbon and bling trim to finish around thte edges.  I used Tim Hotz screw  eyes and Snug Hug that had been tinted with Lindy's and Patina to finish off the top.

On the right I added a Melissa Frances frame and some more Recollection metals that I painted.  I finished off  with a few half-back pearls in the corners.  Hope my partner likes it.
Bottom left is a Recollections birds nest that I highlighted with gesso in places to tie it in.  The frame above it is from Prima.  It wash shabby chic and had the hints of black.  To brighten it up, I painted it with white paint, add just touches of Rub-In-Buff Patina and added an IAmRoses two twoned white and blue flower.  Above that I used a Recollections metal piece that I painted with gesso then several coats of white paint.  I add highlights of the Patina and finished off with a matching half-back pearl.

Center: I used a Prima bird cage that I gave the same treament to as the frame.  The little metal bird, I touched up with some paint and Patina to have it tie in.   I added a resin flower with the edges inked in Patina and adhered it to some cheese cloth before adding it to the plaque.  I added a white tiny clothes pin that I highlighted with Patina;  I also added another metal recollections piece that I did the same treatment to as before but added a white flower pearl that I had painted with Patina first.


The spoon section:  At the top I added a Melissa Francis embellishment.  It was shabby so I added white paint and Patina.  Gesso, spritzed, and painted the spoon.  I added some pearl sprays, some resin flowers, a TH birdhouse and rested it all on cheese cloth and a pair of Melissa Frances wings that I painted bright white and Patina. 


No comments:

Post a Comment