Monday, March 9, 2015

Sewing Box for Creative Embellishments




Today's project is a sewing box for Creative Embellishments.  I have had this box in my craft room for several years.  It was falling apart and all the sewing items were just thrown in there.  It was time to either throw it out or give it new life.  I started with repair work by reinforcing all the seams of the box. I painted all the edges with black gesso and TH black soot crackle paint. I used Marion Smith papers to cover both the inside and outside of the box.


The sewing machine set is divine.  The picture doesn't pick up all the detail, but there is engraving details that really pop when painted.  I have painted the chippies black, added touches of silver Rub-N-Buff.  I accented a few of the pieces with the distress script stamp embossed with snow white embossing powder.  I made a flower from TH fabric, sprayed with Heidi Swapp black Color Shine spray, topped with a chipboard button from the set and added lace as leaves.



For the top of the box, I made a pocket to hold the manual for the sewing machine.  I added trims, a dress form from the set, and a chipboard flourish.


For the bottom of the box, I organized my supplies into empty Heidi Swap Color Shine boxes.  I love when you can reuse items you would normally throw away.  I created belly bands and layered labels.  I topped each with the coordinating chippie of what was inside the box.






Supplies Used:

Sewing Machine Set

Distressed Script Stamp

Flourish 17

No comments:

Post a Comment