Monday, April 20, 2015

Steampunk Dressforms for Creative Embellishments





Hi All.  I am up on the Creative Embellishments blog today with Steampunk Dressforms.  These were so fun to make.  I am going to incorporate them into a larger project so the stand that are sitting on for now is just so that you can see how the skirts hang. I used paper mache dress forms from the Michael's bins that I have had in my stash for a while waiting to be loved.  For the dress forms I added lots of acrylic paints, texture mediums, Gilder's paste, and drywall mesh.  To create designs on the dressforms such as the shape of the corset and all the piping, I used small border stickers.  I added trims, lace, metal and chain to finish them off.



However, the most important embellishment on them all that makes them stand out are the wings.  I cannot believe how fabulously detailed these wings are.  What I am most impressed with is that they withstood 7 layers of product and kept their shape and didn't fall apart or get soggy.  I used the fairy wings and the Wing Set 2.

You don't think I would actually do a dressform and forget a gear?  I had to include a few small gears.


Supplies Used:


Gear Set 2 Small


Fairy Wing Set 3








Wing Set 2

1 comment: