Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Under the Sea with Creative Embellishments



Hello.  I am back up on the Creative Embellishments blog today with a new project.   Love the all the steampunk and sea themed items.  It pairs so well with the Graphic 45 collection.  Click on the links to go directly to the blog or the store to check out the items.

I found this cool latern over a year ago and have been saving it for a fun project.  When I saw the steampunk Octopus I knew I needed to do an aquarium with the lantern. I first inked the Octopus with amber liquid acrylics from Dr. Ph Martins then sprayed with coral Heidi swap mists.  I used dark bark prima chalk edger and a rust ink pad to darken the edges.
I used seaweed 2 and seaweed 3 to build out my acquatic seen inside the lantern.  I used the rust ink pad to ink the one to give it more of a coral feel and different shades of green and rust for the other.  I added sand, shells, and netting to finish off. 


No comments:

Post a Comment