Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 1 - Introduction

This is my first blog post.  I am a little nervous, but I figured it was time to jump in.  My name is Kelley and I have been crafting since my 19 year-old son was born.  Oh, the travesties that I have created.  My scrapbooks look like an evolution chart.  The beginning ones are pretty scary.  You know what I am talking about - the cutting out of the pictures, sticker sneezes, gobs of glue seeping out the sides, hand-cut letters.  Painting a good picture -huh?  If you thumbed through the pages, you can see what techniques I learned and when.  It is all over the pages - remember when tearing was the big thing?  Oh my goodness, I had title blocks torn, mats torn, torn borders, torn journaling tags, and yes....(gasp) even the pictures.  I have kept with it though and I have come a long way....I do have my share of disasters once in a while - and go "what was I thinking!" 

I work crazy long hours, weekends, etc. at a job I love, but it is definitely stressful.  I have a wonderful 19 year-old son who is 99% perfection, but that other 1%...  Paper crafting is my peaceful escape from it all.  I love paper - the smell, the look, the feel.  I have quite the collection growing.  I need to start using it.  However, this is a secret.... sometimes if it is paper I just love and have used it ....I have to go get more of it.  Sad huh?  

Well I have accumulated quite a few things over the years and the favorite things in my craft room (which is a work in progress) are:
My cricuts: 2 E's, 1 E2, and an Imagine including the cartridges
Paper - especially the Basic Grey collection
My orange buckets and my desk

So I am making a resolution to myself  to start today and not wait until next January.  I am going to try to do something crafty each day.  It may be as little as a working on a page or as big as completing a whole project.  I am going to try to post daily if my schedule allows - but at least by the end of each week I will show what I have done and do a copulation post for the days I have missed. 

Things I want to accomplish by doing this....

Use my stash
Use tools including cartridges I haven't even opened yet.
Stretch my skills and learn new techniques.
Do more swaps

Thank you in letting me share and hope you join me in my creative journey.  Now I just have to learn how to add all the pictures of the projects. 

Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment