Tuesday, June 30, 2015

July Challenge Over at Creative Embellishments

It is that time of month again for another monthly challenge over at CreativeEmbellishments.com/blog.  Come join for your chance at a $50 gift voucher for the store.  They have some amazing products.   I do want to give a quick announcement....Creative Embellishments is having a DT call, so go check them out on the blog or their Facebook page.

CHALLENGE PHOTO: Be inspired by at least one element in the photo and use at least one wooden element.




Here is my take:



I was inspired by the red flowers so I decided to make red and flowers a large part of my tag.  I fussy cut a ton of flowers from G45 French Country and layered.  I just love the hot air balloon chippies and tried my hand at paper piecing over the top to give a different look.  I finished it off by heavily inking between the etched lines and sealing over the top with glossy accents.  For the wooden element, I used part of a leaf at the top of the tag inked green to give a pop of a color to tie with the leaves from the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment