Saturday, April 5, 2014

Playing with Acetate




I had so fun making this art journal page, I don't care if it isn't "perfect".  I was trying to think of what to do for the next project I decided to play a little.  I took a sheet of acetate and cut a mini stencil, some tags, and butterflies out with the Silhouette.  I also sprayed another piece with Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays and swirled around on the plastic.  I used the tissue that separated the sheets to mop up some of the excess.   I let dry over night. 

I splattered alcohol inks on the background and took the black one and went around the edges and across the page making drips along the way.  I used the piece of tissue that I used to mop up the excess behind the butterfly.  I used alcohol ink directly on the tags and small butterfly, embossed, added a little black ink and some white gel pen.  I had some letters in my stash and added a little white to them.  I  placed a piece of white paper behind it so the colors pop.  I tried other colors but it blended in too much.

I have to remind myself sometimes to just play and have fun. 

1 comment: