Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Baby Card

My mom asked for me to make a baby card for her to give to my aunt.  Her niece just had given birth and my mom wanted to send her a congratulatory card.  However, there wasn't any appropriate cards in the store.  I decided to use G45 baby darlings paper and create layers with the gorgeous paper.

I inked the edges in blue and dark brown to make the layers pop.  I added faux stitching for extra detail.  I have to say the Signo Uniball white gel pen is so worth it. I scalloped the bottom of one of the edges and faux stitched the bottom of that layer as well.  I took a chipboard piece from the G45 collection and peeled off one layer of the chipboard from the back. It still has dimension but ends up being the same height now as my fussy cut image once I used pop up tape.  I stamped the sentiment in black, cut into a banner shape, and inked the piece in blue.  I edged it in the dark brown as well.



For the inside of the card, I wanted to create a panel where she could write a message.  I used paper from the stack and layered. 

I never thought to continue the card inside, but had been inspired by the G45 blog.  I love it as it looks more custom.

No comments:

Post a Comment