Tuesday, May 8, 2012

post 317

Altered Altoids Tin

I loved making this tin.  It was so much fun.  I started inking a Ranger foil sheet with Patina inks in moss and jade.  Then I dabbed on rust and copper mixative alcohol inks.  Let dry.  I did the same think to the inside and outside of the altoids tin.  I ran the foil sheet through the cuttlebug with an embossing folder. I ran a vintage photo ink pad over the top to highlight areas.  Then I traced the top of the lid and cut out.  Then I cut again smaller for the inside of the lid. (Wanted to cover up the word Altoids). 

Then for the top of the tin I added wings and a clock face that I highlighted with Inka Gold copper, rust alcohol ink, and a bit of vintage photo distress ink.  I added hitch fasteners as feet on the bottom of the box.  (I got this idea from CoyoteKim) - awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Altered tins are so much fun to make....love the way you covered the lid on this one.....it looks awesome Kelley! Very vintage looking!