I must of got off on my days sometime throughout the year. Oops. Oh well. So needless to say, I didn't blog every day, nor did I craft every day. However, I did craft most days even doing something small. I did try lots of new things this year. I went way out of my scrapping comfort zone and jumped head first into the world of altering. Swapping websites really challenged me.
I do have to admit I went a bit overboard in signing up and accumulating more stuff. All of it wonderful crafty stuff that is. I have loved this journey of learning new things, meeting new people, and making great friends along the way.
Although this year (for the blog) doesn't end until June 16th, I am going to start my new challenges to my self starting on June 1st. Being realistic is one of them.
My goals for the next year:
So I would like to continue the journey, but be more concious of cost this year of what is going into my projects. That includes how many swaps I sign up for. I am going to limit myself to a couple at a time and do low cost/no cost (stash only) swaps.
1. Spend maximum $50 per month (including shipping for purchases on line and for mailing swaps).
2. Try to complete at least one project a week. If a bigger project, break into several weeks.
3. Use stash and tools!
4. Get Organzized.
5. Learn new techniques and try new things.
6. Keep a log of materials used on each project and approximate cost of materials.
7. Make presents early! (LOL - we will see how that will work out)
8. Go the extra step to make a swap extra special.
9. Make time to craft for myself. (I was really bad about this last year and only made the desk set for myself.)
10. Have fun. I got a little overwhelmed with the swaps last year and it almost felt like a job sometimes. So this year...take it easy and enjoy the process.
I am going to put the $50 aside each month in cash so I cannot go over unless I decide to buy something on line. then I am just going to have to be good. Then hopefully I can stay under budget and the money can accumulate for a larger crafty purchase or just save it. :)