Thursday, July 19, 2012

week 7 - projects from stash

My partner on the CMB has her scrap room decorated in blacks, creams, browns, white.  She had received a couple of items in the G45 Curtain Call paper and said it went well with her room.  I was going through my stash and came across some of these canisters (as I kept bumping into a bag of these)  and new I needed to make a set.  I used the black paper with the brown polka dots as the base paper.  Then I cut lables using the Sophisticated Cricut cartridge.  Inked the edges and applied with multi-matte medium by ranger - love that stuff.  I also put a coat of it on the top of each layer to seal instead of using modge podge.  I layered a black doily on top.  Then i took a piece of brown tule and glued it on to the doily so that it would peek out of the next layer.  Then I took tags from the tag sheet of the stack and layered it on with pop dots.  Then for finishing touches I added flowers, pearl stick pins, and feathers. On the lids, I left them simple and just added the pearl trim to the edges.


 I have had this dress form in my stash for a while.  I had got it on sale at M's.  Thought about using it as a dangle tree.  Since my partner loves dress forms I thought it would be perfect for her.  I inked the top, added pearl trim at the neck, some flowers on the shoulder, dyed seam binding at the waist, and pearls on the bottom.  I think base had looked a little plain so I  tule, flowers, tags, and pearls.

 This picture is a little fuzzy, but I altered a peach can to coordinate with the canister set.

No comments:

Post a Comment