Saturday, September 8, 2012

week 11, 12, 13

Seems like the last few weeks have been a blur.  Between working tons of hours to going full speed on a large swap, I have lost track of time.  I was in such a hurry to pack up that swap, I didn't take pictures.  Bummer.  I am going to have to see how to get a picture from my phone to here that I did for a card swap.  Like how they turned out.


Here is a frame I did last night for my partner who wanted a green and yellow baby themed frame.  I really like how it turned out.











1. painted the frame in Inka-Gold Green Yellow.  I used a sponge to get an even coat and buff it.  It gives it a nice almost metallic sheen.

2. I traced the frame shape onto the Graphic 45 Little Darlings (G45 LD) green polka dot paper and cut out.

3.  I glued the paper to the frame and then sanded the edges. 

4.  I cut a strand of double stranded pearls to a single strand and put it around the window of the frame.

5.  I used a pearl fourish and adhered green and yellow IamRoses roses to it.

6. I used seam binding that was dyed with lemon zest Glimmer Mist and tied it at the bottom part of the frame.

7.  I added a cut out from the G45 LD, inked it, and curved it slightly and glued the two edges to the frame.

8.  I cut out a sheet of the words from the same paper pack in green and glued it to the insert of the frame to give it a more finished look until my partner puts a picture in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment