Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week 14 Part 2 - More steampunk

This is one of my thrift store finds.  This thing was hideous.  But I love boxes, containers, things with drawers, etc.  So I looked beyond the fact that it was hideously altered and the fact it was falling apart and poorly made.  I knew it had a little magic and charm in it that could be brought out.  Plus black spray paint fixes everything. (LOL)

This is the after shot.  I painted ot black. I then took off the little knobs and covered it with Graphic 45 OCS paper.  I added TH drawer pulls.    I papered the bottom of the inside of the drawers.  I added A block that I covered in the same paper. Then I added a clock to the front with a gear and a spinner.  I added the word Time, the number 2 (with gears) and then the saying "live the life you imagined"  I added some flowers to the front.  I cut out of black chipboard TH gears.  Then I used Inka Gold in Copper and hematite to color them.  Then I added TH gears to the centers to finish them off.  I layered them and added them to the back of the block to serve as a backdrop.



The before picture - I told you it was hideous.


1 comment: