Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Another take on shabby chic





Last month I made a shabby chic altered book box as a gift.  I used the Prima Romance Novel as a gift.  I better show some projects soon of other styles, or people are going to start thinking I like pink.  (Nope - not gonna happen). :)  It is actually a mauvish color. 

The cover has lace around the trim.  I used a window die cut I received as a RAK and sprayed it with Lindy's stamp gang.  I stamped over the top with a script stamp.  The TH little door knockers are perfect as handles for the window.  I backed the doors with the same paper as on the binding.  I also used a floral paper behind the window.  I highlighted a few areas with some gesso to give it a softer feel and added a little bling to the top. 

I used two layers of paper on the front so I could roll corners and rip edges.  I added black punched trim to the end.  I softened it by dry brushing on gesso.  I dry brushed gesso all over the box in places at the end to soften the feel.  I also dry brushed on some blue as well.

The flowers below the window started as a little spray that was really old and had funky flowers on it.  Loved the spray but the flowers were just beat up.  I pulled the flowers off and added some two tone roses in its place.  I died some rose buds mauve and then wrapped the wire around the handle of a paint brush to spiral it.  I added those to the spray.  I fussy cut some images and added some next to each side of the window.  The resin bird was painted blue. 

The handle was clear.  I gessoed then inked brown and stamped over the top.  Added pearl trim around the box to finish the front.
 
 
For the binding of the box.  I stamped randomly with a script stamp and dry brushed with gesso in spots.  I added eyelets and laced the ribbon through.   For the back I covered in the mauve paper and added the dry brushed black punched trim piece.  I then tore pieces of coordinating paper and inked before applying.  I dry brushed in the gesso and blue in random spots.  Then finished it off by randomly stamping in some areas with the script stamp.  The inside of the boxed is lined as well.  Just didn't get a picture of that. 
 





1 comment: