Friday, October 25, 2013

Texture

I love texture.  I love when you can achieve texture from unexpected sources.  I was looking at a roll of white streamers.  I bought them in a two pack at the dollar store a while back.  Not sure why I bought them at the time, but the never got used.  I was putting the roll in a different spot when I was cleaning and noticed the texture of it.  It has a gorgeous texture.  It just needed a chance to shine.

I don't have much time to craft during the week, but I pulled out a couple of Heidi Swapp Color Shine sprays.  I misted them and let dry.  I tried on piece to use the heat gun - nope didn't work. Shriveled in spots.  So you need to air dry.  The paper is stiff enough even after misted (when dry) to cut into thinner strips in the paper cutter if you want a ribbon like feel.  You can add more layers to these by stamping, layering, inking.  You can use these to make rosettes and other embellies, layer in a background, etc. You could tear and use in a collage...the possibilities are endless so to speak :)
 



1 comment: