Thursday, August 18, 2016

Altered Doorhanger for Creative Embellishments

Hello all.  Kelley here with an altered door hanger for Creative Embellishments.  I have been wanting to make one for some time to add a little flair to my craft room door.  I pulled out some paper from Bo Bunny I have been hoarding for a while and some of my coveted chippies and went to town.
I layered two of the steampunk dress form 2 chippies so that I could lift the wings of the top layer to add dimension.  I added loads of gears and a propeller.  I painted with copper and rust paints.  I went over with patina. I added some light blue paint around on the elements to tie in.
To finish off the tag I added a prima metal wing nut, pearls, flowers, and metal flourish butterfly. It was a really fun project to make.

1 comment: