Friday, August 12, 2016

Rusted Paintbrush for Creative Embellishments




Hi all.  Kelley here with a rusted paintbrush for Creative Embellishments.  If you love chippies as much as I do, you have to check out their blog at CreativeEmbellishments.com/blog and their online store at CreativeEmbellishments.Com.  I love her amazing selection and have been such a fan for a long time. As for the paintbrush, I started off painting the entire brush with two coats of iron paint including the bristles.  I then added the rusting solution and let it dry overnight to let the magic happen.  I love that you get different shades off rust from the very light to extremely dark.  I added embossing using a script stamp and black embossing powder.  I added blotches of blue, white, rust, black to give it some interest.


To embellish the paint brush I started with sticker strips from the G45 Steampunk Debutante collection.   I painted the mini dress form with various colors of Lumiere paints in a mottled fashion to create texture and a variation of color.  I still wanted to let the beautiful engraving of the chippies stand out so I made sure to highlight with the copper color. I have to tell you the level of detail in these chippies are amazing.  For the large 1 1/2" gear I used more Lumiere paints and then added black and rust inks.  I topped the brush off with a dyed ribbon.  I hope you all have fun creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment