Saturday, December 13, 2014

Fireworks going off over at Unruly Arts

It's time again for the monthly challenge at Unrulypaperarts.com.  The RAQ (Reader Art Quest) challenge for this month is Fireworks.

 
Now this is a different color palate than I am used to using, so it was certainly a challenge.  Once I found this paper with the quote in paper stack I had in my stash, the rest fell into place.  I loved that the black background reminded me of the night sky in the above picture.  In the same stack there was a bright pattern piece that had all the above colors.  I tore the parts of the black to shine through.  I sealed with multi-medium matte.  I love the look of brush strokes.
Now for the fireworks.  I wanted to give the feel of the bright colors in the dark sky to my page without doing an actual firework image.  So I decided that one my favorite techniques right now would come into play - paint splatters.  I watered down acrylic paints in each color and splattered.  I had to pull back a little or there would be no white left in the lettering.
The little girl was cut from an old photo.  I made a little crown with a mica and perfect pearl top.  Then I tinted her dress with a distress marker. 
To finish off the little canvas I added flowers, ticket stubs, and inked around the edges with magenta Pan Pastel.  


No comments:

Post a Comment