Wednesday, December 31, 2014

They Call Me The Ice Queen for Creative Embellishments

It is challenge time again.  This month's challenge was to use texture with gesso, texture paste, etc. using the picture below as inspiration.  Check us out at CreativeEmbellishments.BlogSpot.com.

Here is my take on the challenge:

 
I made a 12" wall hanging using 7 Dots Studio Cold Country Paper.  I love all the visual texture that paper already has.  After constructing the rosette, I added splatters of Heidi Swapp sprays in Teal, Black, and Tinsel.  I added around randomly in spots Prima ArtExtravagance Texture Paste in silver and edged the whole thing with a Prima chalk edger in Black Coal.  The trim around the center is a trim dyed in the same sprays I used to splatter.  I fussy cut an image from Tim Holtz found relatives and added a crown.  My favorite part is all the chippies.  I sprayed using various glitter blast sprays to add texture and shine then added some of the sprays over the top to get various shades over the snowflakes, clock hand snowflakes, and the snowflake frame #2.  To finish it off, I added bits of the  harlequin lattice underneath the trim.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is awesome. Love the dark moody feel of this wall hanging. 7 Dots makes wonderful paper collection. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is WAY TOO COOL!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super creative idea!! I always love to see what you are going to come up with!!! Happy 2015!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete