Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 65

So I delivered the wedding "cake" to my nephew's reception.  I was a little nervous, but it was a big hit.  What a RELIEF.  So tomorrow is going to be a busy day.  I am going to work in the morning then work on the tag swap tomorrow.  I took on three more tags...but I love them - so it will all work out. (By the way I have until the 25th to mail - of AUGUST)  Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking when I take on big projects, trying to study for the exam and have a busy work schedule. But I love it.  I love the thrill of deadlines....I am a junkie that way. 

So I did some foofing on the cake today - counts as my crafty thing.  I am going to play a little in the craft room tonight. 

So I thought I would do a little look back at the last 65 days of this crafting journey.  I have not missed one day.  I am surprised that I have kept at it with my schedule, but I look forward to that time each day even if it is only for a little while to have that creative release.  Through the swaps and youtube I have tried things that I have not or would have even thought to try before.  So I made altered dominoes - loved it, I made a gatefold album, making dress form tags, bottle caps, altered boxes, just to name a few things.  I am loving learning new techniques and styles.  At first, I admit, I was a little intimidated about the different styles.  I feel like I am breaking out of a creative rut.  I am also meeting great people on the board.  It has been a blast so far....looking forward to the next 300 days.

K

1 comment:

  1. You have definitely ventured outside your comfort zone:) I have loved every bit of experiencing it with you! Your challenge has brought me out of my box too:)

    ReplyDelete