Wednesday, August 24, 2011

DRESSED TO THE NINES - DRESS FORM BLOG HOP

Thanks for stopping by on the "Dressed to the Nines" blog hop tour.  I am sure you are loving all the creations so far.  If you have missed one, please click on the link below and it will take you there.  These ladies are AMAZINGLY talented.  The order of the hop is below (this blog is #7):

  1. Simply My Crafts
  2. Lil Red’s Craftin’hood
  3. Planlady19
  4. The Kraft Lab
  5. Just Jean’s
  6. Cindy32 – Guest blogging at Simply My Crafts
  7. Paper Scraps N More
  8. Addicted2Paper
  9. Scrappin Diva
  10. Scrapping Under the Influence


Welcome to my blog!  As you can tell by the title of my blog, I am addicted to paper and paper crafting.  That being said, I am not a girly girl so to speak.  When I so the swap for the dress form tags, I so skipped over it because there was no way  I would be interested in that.  To me it was like playing with paper dolls. Then Cindy32 convinced me to join.  When I join something, I cannot do just one so Craft Old Bat shared one of hers with me.  Oh my goodness....they were so addicting.

For my first famous person tag, using the Tim Holtz Sewing Room Floor die and an d the Graphic 45 paper, I made Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.  The challenge was the dress as I didn't want it the total shape of the dress form.  I added ribbon lace and hand cut the bottom part of the dress and formed it so it had fullness.  For my second tag, it was designer's choice.  I started making a butterfly dress form, but didn't love it.  I loved the look and colors of Graphic 45's Le' Cirque paper, so I decided to a trapeze artist dress form.  That was a lot of fun....but there were some funny moments along the way.  I had decided to add feathers after much deliberation, add that with glue, and a fan on high speed - you probably get the picture.  I felt like I should have been in a I love Lucy episode.

Being the compulsive person I  can be, Jana was so kind to share a couple of her tags with me.  If she could only sitting there on my knees begging for more:)  I  did a halloween one.  I liked the concept of the tag I did, but not sure I loved the outcome of this one like I did the previous two.  I wanted to make them into trick or treaters, so I used the dressform from Nifty Fifty's and made the dress forms super small.  I then only used pieces of them to conform to my costumes.  For the next famous tag, I made Charlie Chaplin (I gave up on Sonny and Cher - too much on one tag). The other famous tag I made from Graphic 45 as well is Tinkerbell.



My wicked sense of humor had me going all over the place with this swap.  There were so many dress form opportunities and so little time.  I was on the verge of maybe not being politically correct, or thought that maybe some might find my humor a little offensive, so for the swap purposes I kept it relatively safe.  Some other ideas I came up with were Madonna's cone bra, Lady Gaga's bubble suit or meat dress, Monica Lewinsky's blue dress with a stain, two brides (Ellen D. & Portia), etc.  These dress forms are limitless, and you do not have to be a girly girl to love doing them.  I hope you enjoy the pictures and the other blogs along the hop.

In the mood for some sweet treats that will not add to your waist line?  How bout some blog candy?  How do you win - Just do the following:

1.  Become a follower on all of the blogs in the Dressed to the Nines blog hop.
2.  Make a comment on each blog for the blog hop.  Be sure to leave your email address so you can be contacted if you win.

I will draw a winner at random on the Monday following the blog hop.   Thank you for stopping by!!!!


29 comments:

  1. Kelley, Thanks so much for participating in the swap and helping me out. I am so looking forward to seeing your tags!

    Jana
    www.simplymycrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tags! You are so talented with paper!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all fabulous. My favorite would be the trapeze artist one, and with the addition of the feathers it really "flies" off the page!

    rsg721@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you could have made the meat dress work...that would have been something to see! Great tags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tags. The trapeze one is beautiful! You do some amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the wizrd of Oz dorothy!!!! I hope I am in your group!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely tags and dressforms! Love the one with the black fluffy ribbon or feathers, whatever that is! lol Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your tags. Thanks for sharing them with us. I am now a new follower.

    pennyspad@sbcglobal dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love all your tags. So fancy and love all the details! TFS! Following your blog now and look forward to seeing more of your creations!

    Sandy
    http://thecraftycreationspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT tags! Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie so the Dorothy tag really made me smile. Thanks so much for sharing! -Julie
    jclawser@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your tags!!!! It won't let me follow i'll try to come back alter and see if it works then

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelley,
    You have a great, creative imagination
    I love all your tags!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome, safe, but awesome LOL! Politically Incorrect would be a good name for our swap... Glad I shared!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kelley, I love, love, love your Tinkerbell Tag. Not just because it has sentimental value either lol. I really like the Dorothy one too. All of your stuff is AWESOME!! I had to get a blog to be able to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Dorothy.. who could go wrong with red shoes..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, they are all wonderful! My fave would be the little trick or treating monsters though :) I would have loved to see the meat dress too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool tags i love the Charlie Chaplin one, would love to see the madona and the other ones too!! I am a new follower
    Kristan
    sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tooo cute!!! They are all great. It's hard to pick a favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love them all! Awesome :)

    Scrappydew
    http://www.scrappylandusa.blogspot.com
    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wowza, you created some terrific tags, so glad you decided to join this hop!
    clock87 @ yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the Dorothy tag.
    http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you everyone for your kind comments.Kel

    ReplyDelete
  23. SUCH FUN!! LOVE your sense of humor and honesty!! The little trick or treaters made me giggle!!

    TFS!!

    saetterman at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow... these are spectacular! Very creative! Thanks for the great hop and the chance for your great prize! I am a follower... and will be back to check out your site more closely!
    Pendra
    pendrasplace.blogspot.com
    pendrah at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Uh-mazing!!! I would LOVE to see the rest of your forms you mentioned!!! Lady Gaga's meat dress would be fun to see!!!

    I'm a new follower!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Kelley, See how many fans you have!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your Wizard of Oz themed tags! Thanks for sharing.

    Katherine
    www.classydify.blogspot.com
    lightmypath@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete